Search Box

On Line Discount Store

POSTINGS

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Malaysian Schools Rugby Championship.


The PMR (Year 3 Secondary School Examination in Malaysia) has ended. Those who have completed it were jumping, Merdeka! Merdeka! (independence in English). The Schooling was still on, my kid came back for a week. He studied in a public (full residential/boarding school) in the state of Perak, in the west coast. Then he left again, went back to school, en route Malacca, to participate in the Malaysian Schools Under 15 Rugby Championship, that will stretched into the second week of the holiday.


Their school represented Perak. The reached the semi final, beaten by 1 try by King George the V (KGV) of Seremban Negeri Sembilan, another state in the west coast south of Perak. They got the third place. KGV was beaten by a School from Kelantan, Sultan Yahya Petra of Kuala Krai (SYP), SYP came out as the champ. I was told the SYP is now a sports school. In Malaysia now they are schools earmarked as sports school where good students of reasonable academical standing who have inclination over sports are placed.

Rugby is a good a game. At least me and my kid shared the same passion. I could share the excitement and enjoyed watching too, when he switches on a match say between All Blacks and Springbox or the recent Springbox, English tour on Youtube. I can associate with that. It’s a tough game for gentlemen and not a place for rowdies. In the game, we have one thing in common, we were not into scrums. I played more as one of the 3Qs probably just before the winger, was my favourite position. My kid play full-back. It is a position that I would rather not choose. Being the last man in the line up you will have to make sure that you can take any runner from the opposite side down.

No comments:

Search Box